Feb 17, 2016

Great Singing of Maurice White, the founder of Earth Wind & Fire

Maurice White, the founder of soul group Earth, Wind & Fire, passed away on February 4.  It was very sad news for me, because I loved EW&F's music and especially Maurice's voice.  He had suffered from Parkinson's disease for many years.

When I first listened one of EW&F's hit numbers "Let's Groove," I was excited what a cool music it was.  Since then, they have been one of my favorite bands.  Maurice's voice sounds natural and bright, and above all, his sense of beat was impressive.

Those tunes below are my favorite, medium tempo among his songs.  I loved his groovy singing so much.




From the album "Raise!" which I listened first, and I still love.









The last number of the album "All'n All"




From the album "I Am."  I love this tight groove!




Title tune of the album released in 1990.



It is also from the album "Heritage."  Maurice's vocal and M. C. Hammer's rap were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment